What does it do?
- An image tells a story, communicates a complex idea or supports page content by providing further details.
When to use it?
- When there is a clear user need.
- When an image serves a clear functional purpose.
- All images, except decorative, must have alt text that describes the content and function of the image. This tells users using screen readers what information the image provides.
When not to use it?
- When an image is an unnecessary decoration.
- When an image would create visual noise, which detracts attention away from the page content. This can distract the user from completing their task.
For more guidance on how to use images, please check WMN brand guidelines.